SG -

I put this aside to answer more better when I had more time/focus and it sat a bit.

I just deleted a longwinded series of discursions triggered by this topic and decided to try for "concise" and "focused" instead.

You captured my appreciation that the "dual field" treatment Pradeep and company gave to light-field duals when you brought up the photosynthesis/krebs duality a few years ago.   The ant algorithm's stigmergic food/nest dual fields are another good example.  I don't know where your invocation of trash/treasure, waste/sustenance in a food-web is going, but I see the generalization to any kind of virtuous cycle in a (food, metabolic, ??? web is related to the "dual field" ideas.

I hope others will  pitch in on this, I'm sure some others here have followed you enough to engage?

-SS

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam