On 9/26/22 9:30 AM, Jon Zingale wrote:
One thing that got me interested in this work is the possibility of organizations of agents in different frequency spaces coming together to make agents over the total frequency domain. Also, I would be curious about the robustness of agents under frequency filtering. There appear to be possibilities here that weren't necessarily available in other "smooth" approaches.

I'm really glad you tossed this one into the ring, BTW.

I don't know how this maps onto your own thoughts but I have been cogitating on systems of systems (e.g. ecosystems, sociopoliticaleconomic, etc) for some time and *they* definitely represent huge scale ranges in any dimension you can identify/measure.  Multi-scale features abound in the these domains with all sorts of frequency-dependent coupling/mixing models implied.  " If a tick carrying lyme disease falls off a grass-blade in a field and lands on a pet dog with a ... human master who ... etc., does a butterfly flap it's wings in a typhoon?"  and "for want of a nail..." both come to mind.

I regularly have Herb Simon's prophetic statement <https://www2.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/ArchitectureOfComplexity.HSimon1962.pdf> ringing in my ears when I see/hear/think about the modeling of systems of systems:

   /NEARLY DECOMPOSABLE SYSTEMS In hierarchic systems, we can
   distinguish between the interactions among subsystems, on the one
   hand, and the interactions within subsystems -i.e., among the parts
   of those subsystems~n the other. The interactions at the different
   levels may be, and often will be, of different orders of magnitude./

Agent modeling carries a strong bias toward quantized entities but makes spatial and time frequency coupling more obvious/easy/explicit than some other forms...  I think of CA (including the myriad sub-species that Chan offers in Table 1) as specialized/constrained cases of Agent-models, just with specific spatio-temporal regularity imposed?

Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p
Zoomhttps://bit.ly/virtualfriam
FRIAM-COMIChttp://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru presenthttps://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
   1/2003 thru 6/2021http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/