as we all know I'm no fan of semi-annual clock changes... and I thought the Sunshine Act <https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/623>would put an end to that nonsense even if did fall on the "wrong side" with a year-round DST timesqew.   Looks like it is going to fail despite bipartisan support in the Senate (unsurprising that Florida, closest to the equator, effected least, would be the one to sponsor/promote it?)...

Oregon (in coordination with CA/WA) have tried to take things into their own hands independent of the rest of the country?

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2022/11/03/oregon-daylight-saving-time-november-march/69613463007/

I suppose I could live with the sqew and just change the idioms from 12 noon and 12 midnight to 11 noon and 11 midnight and call it a day/year/life.   Seems like it would just make more sense to sqew the 8-5 (or 9-4) for bankers) an hour earlier instead, but what is the point of having a state/federal/global government if it isn't going to decide for you how we index time?

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam