For some reason, this post went to spam. But if I can knead this post into a
disambiguation device, I'd land on:

  parameter: the relatively more stable schema that parses the ambience
  input/data: the relatively more volatile parsed ambience

So there might be 2 differences between a baby and a chat bot: 1) in the baby, the parameters are
driven by multiple modes (other kinds of data ... like fingers and toes, or food, or whatever)
versus the chat bot, where parameters are tightly focused around serial language. And 2)
reinforcement learning in the baby is also multimodal (e.g. say "horse" and point to a
cat and mom says "No") whereas the error correction in the chat bot is more tightly
focused on serial language.

One of the complaints about ChatGPT is its "hallucinations" - saying things that just aren't true. It's difficult to
blame it when we consider the only "facts" it has to go on are the tokens pushed through it. But "fact" in
the multimodal baby sense have a higher order to them. Actual horses can be pointed to with the fingers/eyes and then also
described by the words. A "fact" to the baby is some interpolated construct that can be error corrected with multiple
modes, whereas a "fact" to ChatGPT can only be error corrected in the same (or tightly similar) mode(s).

So if I reword Frank's objection to say "If you interact with a multi-modal learner,
you see they have higher dimensional knowledge that can't be based on signals in any
single mode."

*That* makes sense to me ... even if it's a complete hallucination on my part.
8^D