Jon,

I will teach you chess (};-)]

I have played the game for 81 years.   I play it the way I do most things
in my life, sloppily and with inordinate  reflection.  For me, the game is
a conversation about the accumulation and exercise of power  That
conversation can go on at any level and is best played by people of roughly
equal skill.  When played repeatedly with the same person, it's like a long
running conversation between good friends. It's delicious.

Nick

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam