10810393143175239019071959109997663051929470074089157449031^4

+ 22671119786961601373534221417739977913860239743121836709640^4

+ 30582196668976524718377935182763823727592320140313909866640^4

= 32765458201929412641416034051435520639258357113742031670969^4

1326591068399536779358938892854490273552236453443555002152134071855400^4

+ 4085889211105606765283229362842594602029239643914476858219936731599639^4

+ 6921301304254813490592676315727954784213572880315413059149125052322960^4

= 7124645438324610608006592007348975282408521144406631588277705329840361^4

 

From: Friam <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Roger Frye
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2026 7:58 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Why search for more solutions to A^4 + B^4 + C^4 = D^4 ?

 

Marcus,


Some more comments on your collaboration with Claude. 

 

A Russian team Robert Gerbicz, Leonid Durman, Yuri Radaev, and Alexey Zubkov 
implemented a C++ brute force search up to d < 2 * 10^9. They use 2^10 as the 
main reduction rather than 5^4 as you and I did. I have also invented a 
different type of brute force search on a/8, b/8 instead of on d, c.

 

For my elliptic curve research, I have been using sage which includes a 
cythonized PARI/GP package. I have also found pari's ellrank and 
hyperellratpoints to be the most efficient tools.

 

I have seen patterns in the known solutions that lead me to suspect that 
modular forms can be used to bridge from a known elliptic curve fiber to a new 
one or from a hyperelliptic quartic to a new one. But I have not yet found any 
useful methods.

 

Feel free to turn your agents loose on my GitHub repository where all of this 
is documented: https://github.com/rfryeSigma/Euler_413. In particular, check 
out the two tables of known solutions in the code folder: solutions.py, 
solutions_uv.csv . These tables include the 13 solutions < 10^27 and also 
solution 19 in your table 2. Solutions 14-18 are easily derived from these 
tables, but not documented.

 

-Roger




On May 18, 2026, at 6:08 AM, Roger Frye <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

Marcus,
Thank you. Very interesting research.
I haven’t found anything False or anything new in it yet, but I will continue 
studying the .pdf.
The research misses the recent work by Tito Piezas III, which has proved most 
productive.
This could be remedied quickly by including math.stackexchange in your search 
corpus.
-Roger




On May 17, 2026, at 6:46 PM, Marcus Daniels <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

Here’s some new work by Opus 4.7 with MCP tooling from me.
<session_writeup_v9.pdf>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / 
.-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom 
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
 1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

 

 

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... 
--- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom 
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

Reply via email to