On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Linus Walleij wrote:

When no certs are found, we get:

card.c:322:sc_unlock: called
iso7816.c:103:iso7816_check_sw: Instruction code not supported or invalid
iso7816.c:471:iso7816_select_file: returning with: -1204 (Unsupported INS
byte in APDU)

Have you tried to make a USB level debug of the traffic with just the
proprietary driver?

Possibly the handshake is a low-level USB thing?

I haven't tried repeating the trick with BankID for Linux yet. Apparently, only 32-bit Ubuntu is supported, but I use 64-bit CentOS. Another alternativ would be to find a "usbmon" alternative for Windows XP.

Rgds, ---
Peter Åstrand           ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB               http://cendio.com
Teknikringen 8          http://twitter.com/ThinLinc
583 30 Linköping        http://facebook.com/ThinLinc
Phone: +46-13-214600    http://plus.google.com/112509906846170010689