Waldek Hebisch <hebi...@math.uni.wroc.pl> writes:

> I think it is time for new release.  We are now at revision 488
> which means 40 revisions form the 1.0.4.  This is not much but
> we have several bug fixes and new functionality.  ATM my aim is
> to do release at end of next week.

Great!  I'll try to fill in the missing parts concerning the new
treatment of the option "homogeneous" in the guessing package.
Unfortunately, it is not as trivial as I thought.

But it's certainly nothing that should delay a release.

> Let me mention that I do not think that we should delay
> release in case of ordinary bugs -- problems which may
> delay are mainly build problems.  Namely, release is intended
> to make FriCAS easily available to public at large.

getting FriCAS into debian would be very nice, I think.  Same
goes for cygwin, but this means work, and I feel that my time is
better spent with exploring algebra code...

> If you know about other problem and can provide details, please
> do -- currenly I work on Fedora 9, Gentoo and Debian and have
> little possibility to check what happens on other platforms.

I'll try to see whether I can find a windows box to check cygwin
again.

Martin