Hello Bertfried,

> > I am therefore looking for another way to combine these algebras in
> > interesting ways.
>
> If you look at real Clifford algebras, and within them at spinor
> modules (vector spaces)
> then you can model all of the required number systems as sub Clifford
> alegbras. So
> if that is your only venue you need only Clifford algebras over
> Clifford numbers.

One of the things that I thought would be interesting to do would be to write
a program in FriCAS to traverse all the orthogonal and null Clifford algebras
and produce a complete map of all these equivalences to these hypercomplex
algebras.

I have used dual-quaternions to work out kinematics of solid bodies (such as
robot arms). I expect this has its limitations, I guess it would not be much
use for dynamics as it is not linear, but I get the impression that for
certain types of problem it could be a very clean and efficient way to
calculate the results. I think some users would just be interested in the
application and don't want to learn about Clifford algebras or projective or
conformal spaces. So I thought it would be worthwhile to map these algebras to
more rigorous methods so people know when it is safe to use them.

Also sometimes I come across these hypercomplex algebras in textbooks and on
the web so its good to be able to experiment with them using FriCAS.

> > zeros of x^2+1, but I can't think how polynomials could represent dual
> > or double numbers and so on?
>
> What about R[x]/<x^2> and R[x]/<x^2-1> ?

I guess I would have to add another dimension to combine two Complex algebras:
R[x,y]/<(x^2+1)(y^2+1)> ?
Would this produce a direct product? I will have to experiment with
SimpleAlgebraicExtension and find out how it works, unfortunately it is not
very well documented.

> Sorry for being short,
no problem, I know you are very busy and I appreciate your help.

Cheers

Martin