I remain strongly motivated to include something in FriCAS to provide
symbolic conjugate in Expression but I think that so far we have not
had sufficient opportunity to resolve differences of opinion on what
effect this might have on other parts of FriCAS.  I am also a bit
disappointed that this does not seem to be of much interest to other
FriCAS developers.

I have a version of symbolic conjugate in my own FriCAS source tree.
I have not been able to do much testing but so far I am aware of only
one case in which integration goes wrong (divide by zero).

(1) -> )lib EFSTRUC
   ElementaryFunctionStructurePackage is now explicitly exposed in
      frame frame1
   ElementaryFunctionStructurePackage will be automatically loaded when
      needed from /home/wspage/fricas/src/algebra/EFSTRUC.NRLIB/EFSTRUC
(1) -> Abs(x)==sqrt(x*conjugate(x))
                                                                   Type: Void
(2) -> integrate(sin(Abs(x)),x)
   Compiling function Abs with type Variable(x) -> Expression(Integer)

   >> Error detected within library code:
   Function not supported by Risch d.e.

(2) -> integrate(Abs(sin(x)),x)
   Compiling function Abs with type Expression(Integer) -> Expression(
      Integer)

   >> Error detected within library code:
   catdef: division by zero

I would like to discuss this further with anyone who is interested.

Bill.