Hi Kurt,

> At the moment the installation procedure is quite handy to develop but
> not yet robust enough for deployment which certainly would be not
> essential for SMC (you might oppose). But most unpleasant seems to me
> the long loading time of the kernel (~ 5 seconds) which could be
> overcome by using AxiomSYS as a core then loading the dependencies and
> kernel and finally save the whole image as an executable. It works and
> you'll find the sources in the "img" subfolder of the repos, however,
> it's not thoroughly tested yet.

Even if it were just for sbcl, would it makes sense to maintain a branch
of the fricas repository (https://github.com/fricas/fricas) that
modifies configure.ac and the 'fricas' start script so that
1) one can configure to build an AXIOMsys as you mention above
2) that fricas can be called as usual something like
   "fricas --notebook" would start the jupyter notebook in the browser
   with the respective AXIOMsys as a kernel.

What I am not quite sure is whether the same AXIOMsys can work for both,
command line version and as a jupyter kernel.

Nevertheless, I'd be happy to have a fricas build procedure that
automatically does the right thing for getting a jupyter kernel.
Graphics is not my main concern at the moment.
And hyperdoc I would anyway want to replace by fricas.github.io.

Ralf