On 19/11/15 11:17, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
But I guess, even that is not in your mind.
Maybe you add "B: CoercibleTo(OutputForm)" as a second parameter of the
package. Well, it becomes a bit cumbersome then.

Thanks Ralf,

Yes, I was looking for something simple to use, Instead of writing this:

print hconcat(["a="::OutputForm,a::OutputForm," b="::OutputForm,b::OutputForm])$OutputForm

I would like to be able to write this:

print("a=",a," b=",b)

One of my main reasons for this is to speed up debugging where it would really help to be able to add and remove print statements very quickly to see whats going on.

Its not just debugging though, I want to be able to display supplementary information. For instance when converting from one type to another I would like to output interim results and the axioms or rules being used.

I would prefer to write 'pure' functions (no side effects) but in these cases I think a print statement is justified and I would like to be able to call it with cleaner code.

Martin