I have installed fricas (compiling from source) and also jupyter, then I
installed  fricas_jupyter following the instructions at
https://github.com/nilqed/fricas_jupyter

But I can't get it all to work.  I can open up a jupyter notebook, then
choose a new fricas session, but when I attempt to execute a command, the
terminal in which I entered "jupyter notebook" fills up with an unending
repetition of this error:

debugger invoked on a TYPE-ERROR in thread
#<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {1004EB61B3}>:
  The value
    NIL
  is not of type
    (OR (AND SYMBOL (NOT NULL)) RESTART)

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Reduce debugger level (to debug level 1).

(INVOKE-RESTART NIL) [more,optional]
0[2]
0]

Can anybody advise me what's going on here, and how I can get it all
working?

--
[image: http://www.facebook.com/alasdairmcandrew] [image:
https://twitter.com/amca01] <https://twitter.com/amca01>