I pulled (fresh clone) from https://github.com/martinbaker/fricasAlgTop
but forgot to update permgrp :(
Sorry!

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 19:55:54 UTC+1, Martin Baker wrote:

> On 01/31/2017 06:33 PM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> > Kurt Pagani wrote:
> >>
> >> @Martin: gpresent.input now reports:  unexpected failures: 3
> >>
> >> relationsInGenerator?
> >
> > Which ones?  For ma all tests passed.
>
> Note: you need to use latest version of both:
> gpresent.spad
> permgrps.spad
>
> If I update gpresent but not permgrps then I see 3 errors.
>
> Martin B

(2) -> )read gpresent
-- regression tests for code in gpresent.spad

)set break resume

)expose UnittestCount UnittestAux Unittest

   UnittestCount is now explicitly exposed in frame initial
   UnittestAux is now explicitly exposed in frame initial
   Unittest is now explicitly exposed in frame initial

)expose GroupPresentation

   GroupPresentation is already explicitly exposed in frame initial

testsuite "gpresent"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void

-- first we try each simplification rule in its simplest
-- form then we try combinations.

testcase "simplification - remove one generator"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
triv := groupPresentation([],[])

   (2)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t1 := simplify(groupPresentation([1],[[1]]))

   (3)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("triv", "t1")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - repeated remove one generator"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
triv := groupPresentation([],[])

   (2)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t2 := simplify(groupPresentation([1,2],[[1],[2]]))

   (3)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("triv", "t2")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - cancel empty"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
triv := groupPresentation([],[])

   (2)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t3 := simplify(groupPresentation([0],[[0]]))

   (3)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("triv", "t3")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - cancel inverse"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
triv := groupPresentation([],[])

   (2)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t4 := simplify(groupPresentation([1],[[1],[-1]]))

   (3)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("triv", "t4")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - 2 element rule"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
free1 := groupPresentation([1],[])

   (2)  <a |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t5 := simplify(groupPresentation([1,2],[[1,2]]))

   (3)  <b |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("free1", "t5")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - minimise inverses"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
free3 := groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[1,2,3]])

   (2)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t6 := simplify(groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[-3,-2,-1]]))

   (3)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("free3", "t6")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - substitution"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
square := groupPresentation([1,2,3,4,5],[[1,3,5],[2,3,4]])

   (2)  <a b c d f |  a*c*f, b*c*d>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t6 := simplify(square)

   (3)  <a b d f |  b*-a*-f*d>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
expected := groupPresentation([1,2,4,5],[[2,-1,-5,4]])

   (4)  <a b d f |  b*-a*-f*d>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t6")

                                                                   Type: Void

testcase "simplification - remove duplicate rule"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
x := groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[1,2,3],[1,2,3]])

   (2)  <a b c |  a*b*c, a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t6 := simplify(x)

   (3)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
expected := groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[1,2,3]])

   (4)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t6")

                                                                   Type: Void
y := groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[1,2,3],[-3,-2,-1]])

   (6)  <a b c |  a*b*c, -c*-b*-a>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t7 := simplify(y)

   (7)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t7")

                                                                   Type: Void
z := groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[1,2,3],[2,3,1]])

   (9)  <a b c |  a*b*c, b*c*a>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t8 := simplify(z)

   (10)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t8")

                                                                   Type: Void
a := groupPresentation([1,2,3],[[1,2,3],[2,3,1],[-3,-2,-1]])

   (12)  <a b c |  a*b*c, b*c*a, -c*-b*-a>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t9 := simplify(a)

   (13)  <a b c |  a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t9")

                                                                   Type: Void
b := groupPresentation([1,2,3,4,5,6],[[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[4,5,6]])

   (15)  <a b c d f g |  a*b*c, d*f*g, d*f*g>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t10 := simplify(b)

   (16)  <a b c d f g |  a*b*c, d*f*g>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
expected2 := groupPresentation([1,2,3,4,5,6],[[1,2,3],[4,5,6]])

   (17)  <a b c d f g |  a*b*c, d*f*g>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected2", "t10")

                                                                   Type: Void
c := groupPresentation([1,2,3,4,5,6],[[4,5,6],[1,2,3],[4,5,6]])

   (19)  <a b c d f g |  d*f*g, a*b*c, d*f*g>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t11 := simplify(c)

   (20)  <a b c d f g |  d*f*g, a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected2", "t11")

                                                                   Type: Void
d := groupPresentation([1,2,3,4,5,6],[[4,5,6],[4,5,6],[1,2,3]])

   (22)  <a b c d f g |  d*f*g, d*f*g, a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t12 := simplify(d)

   (23)  <a b c d f g |  d*f*g, a*b*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected2", "t12")

                                                                   Type: Void

-- more complicated simplifications

testcase "complicated simplification"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
c1 := groupPresentation([1,2,3,4,5,6,7],[[1],[0],_
     [2,4,5],[2,4,7],[2,6],[2,6,7],[3,4,6],[3,5,6],[3,4,7],_
     [3,7],[4,5],[4,6],[5,6,7],[5,7]])

   (2)
   <a b c d f g h |
        a, e, b*d*f, b*d*h, b*g, b*g*h, c*d*g, c*f*g, c*d*h, c*h, d*f, d*g
    ,
        f*g*h, f*h

                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t7 := simplify(c1)

   (3)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
expected := groupPresentation([],[])

   (4)  <  |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t7")

                                                                   Type: Void

-- direct product and quotient

testcase "direct product"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void
a := groupPresentation([1],[])

   (2)  <a |  >
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t8 := directProduct(a,a)

   (3)  <a b |  a*b*a*b>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
expected := groupPresentation([1,2],[[1,2,1,2]])

   (4)  <a b |  a*b*a*b>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected", "t8")

                                                                   Type: Void
expected2 := groupPresentation([2],[[2,2]])

   (6)  <b |  b*b>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
t9 := quotient(t8,[1])

   (7)  <b |  b*b>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected2", "t9")

                                                                   Type: Void
t10 := quotient(t8,[[1]])

   (9)  <b |  b*b>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
testEquals("expected2", "t10")

                                                                   Type: Void

-- conversions to PermutationGroup

testcase "PermutationGroup conversions cyclic group"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void

c5a := cyclicGroup(5)$PermutationGroupExamples

   (2)  <(1 2 3 4 5)>
                                              Type: PermutationGroup(Integer)
c5b := cyclicGroup(5)$GroupPresentation

   (3)  <a |  a*a*a*a*a>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
c5c := toPermutationIfCan(c5b) :: PermutationGroup(Integer)

   (4)  <(1 2 3 4 5)>
                                              Type: PermutationGroup(Integer)
c5r := relationsInGenerators(c5a)

   There are no library operations named relationsInGenerators
      Use HyperDoc Browse or issue
                       )what op relationsInGenerators
      to learn if there is any operation containing "
      relationsInGenerators " in its name.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      relationsInGenerators with argument type(s)
                          PermutationGroup(Integer)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

c5d := groupPresentation([1], c5r)$GroupPresentation

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      groupPresentation having 2 argument(s) but none was determined to
      be applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                        )display op groupPresentation
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      groupPresentation with argument type(s)
                          List(NonNegativeInteger)
                                   Symbol

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

c5e := toPermutationIfCan(c5d)::PermutationGroup(Integer)

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      toPermutationIfCan having 1 argument(s) but none was determined
      to be applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                       )display op toPermutationIfCan
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      toPermutationIfCan with argument type(s)
                                Variable(c5d)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

testEquals("c5a", "c5c")

                                                                   Type: Void
testEquals("c5c", "c5e")

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      testEqualsAux having 3 argument(s) but none was determined to be
      applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                          )display op testEqualsAux
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      testEqualsAux with argument type(s)
                                   String
                          PermutationGroup(Integer)
                                Variable(c5e)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

testcase "PermutationGroup conversions dihedral group"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void

d3a := dihedralGroup(3)$PermutationGroupExamples

   (2)  <(1 2 3),(1 3)>
                                              Type: PermutationGroup(Integer)
d3b := dihedralGroup(3)$GroupPresentation

   (3)  <a b |  a*a*a, b*b, a*b*a*b>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
d3c := toPermutationIfCan(d3b) :: PermutationGroup(Integer)

   (4)  <(1 3 5)(2 4 6),(1 2)(3 6)(4 5)>
                                              Type: PermutationGroup(Integer)
d3r := relationsInGenerators(d3a)

   There are no library operations named relationsInGenerators
      Use HyperDoc Browse or issue
                       )what op relationsInGenerators
      to learn if there is any operation containing "
      relationsInGenerators " in its name.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      relationsInGenerators with argument type(s)
                          PermutationGroup(Integer)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

d3d := groupPresentation([1, 2], d3r)$GroupPresentation

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      groupPresentation having 2 argument(s) but none was determined to
      be applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                        )display op groupPresentation
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      groupPresentation with argument type(s)
                          List(NonNegativeInteger)
                                   Symbol

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

d3d := simplify(d3d)

   (5)  d3d
                                                    Type: Expression(Integer)
d3e := toPermutationIfCan(d3d)::PermutationGroup(Integer)

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      toPermutationIfCan having 1 argument(s) but none was determined
      to be applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                       )display op toPermutationIfCan
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      toPermutationIfCan with argument type(s)
                             Expression(Integer)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

testEquals("order(d3a)", "order(d3c)")

                                                                   Type: Void
testEquals("order(d3c)", "order(d3e)")

   There are 9 exposed and 10 unexposed library operations named order
      having 1 argument(s) but none was determined to be applicable.
      Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                              )display op order
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named order
      with argument type(s)
                                Variable(d3e)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

testcase "symmetric group"

   All user variables and function definitions have been cleared.
                                                                   Type: Void

le4 := [1, 2, 3]

   (2)  [1,2,3]
                                                  Type: List(PositiveInteger)
lr4 := [[1, 1], [2, 2], [3, 3], [1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2], [2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3],
        [1, 3, 1, 3]]

   (3)  [[1,1],[2,2],[3,3],[1,2,1,2,1,2],[2,3,2,3,2,3],[1,3,1,3]]
                                            Type: List(List(PositiveInteger))
s4a := symmetricGroup(4)$PermutationGroupExamples

   (4)  <(1 2 3 4),(1 2)>
                                              Type: PermutationGroup(Integer)
s4b := groupPresentation(le4, lr4)

   (5)  <a b c |  a*a, b*b, c*c, a*b*a*b*a*b, b*c*b*c*b*c, a*c*a*c>
                                                      Type: GroupPresentation
s4c := toPermutationIfCan(s4b) :: PermutationGroup(Integer)

   (6)
   <
       (1 2)(3 7)(4 6)(5 10)(8 13)(9 15)(11 16)(12 18)(14 20)(17 22)(19 23)
         (21 24)
    ,
       (1 3)(2 5)(4 9)(6 12)(7 10)(8 14)(11 17)(13 19)(15 18)(16 21)(20 23)
         (22 24)
    ,
     (1 4)(2 6)(3 8)(5 11)(7 13)(9 14)(10 16)(12 17)(15 20)(18 22)(19 21)(23 24)

                                              Type: PermutationGroup(Integer)
s4r := relationsInStrongGenerators(s4a)

   There are no library operations named relationsInStrongGenerators
      Use HyperDoc Browse or issue
                    )what op relationsInStrongGenerators
      to learn if there is any operation containing "
      relationsInStrongGenerators " in its name.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      relationsInStrongGenerators with argument type(s)
                          PermutationGroup(Integer)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

s4d := groupPresentation([1, 2, 3], s4r)$GroupPresentation

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      groupPresentation having 2 argument(s) but none was determined to
      be applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                        )display op groupPresentation
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      groupPresentation with argument type(s)
                          List(NonNegativeInteger)
                                   Symbol

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

s4e := toPermutationIfCan(s4d)::PermutationGroup(Integer)

   There are 1 exposed and 0 unexposed library operations named
      toPermutationIfCan having 1 argument(s) but none was determined
      to be applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                       )display op toPermutationIfCan
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      toPermutationIfCan with argument type(s)
                                Variable(s4d)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

testEquals("order(s4c)", "24")

                                                                   Type: Void
testEquals("order(s4e)", "24")

   There are 9 exposed and 10 unexposed library operations named order
      having 1 argument(s) but none was determined to be applicable.
      Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                              )display op order
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named order
      with argument type(s)
                                Variable(s4e)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

s4r2 := relationsInGenerators(s4a)

   There are no library operations named relationsInGenerators
      Use HyperDoc Browse or issue
                       )what op relationsInGenerators
      to learn if there is any operation containing "
      relationsInGenerators " in its name.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      relationsInGenerators with argument type(s)
                          PermutationGroup(Integer)

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

   Continuing to read the file...

s4gen := generators(s4a)

   (8)  [(1 2 3 4),(1 2)]
                                             Type: List(Permutation(Integer))
ielt(a, i) == (i > 0 => elt(a, i); inv(elt(a, -i)))

                                                                   Type: Void
-- test that all relations are valid
for rel in s4r2 repeat
    prod := reduce(_*, [ielt(s4gen, i) for i in rel], 1$PERM(INT))
    testEquals("prod", "1$PERM(INT)")

   FriCAS cannot iterate with rel over your form now. Perhaps you
      should try using a conversion to make sure your form is a list or
      stream, for example.

   Continuing to read the file...

statistics()

   General WARNINGS:
   * do not use ')clear completely' before having used 'statistics()'
     It clears the statistics without warning!
   * do not forget to pass the arguments of the testXxxx functions as Strings!
     Otherwise, the test will fail and statistics() will not notice!
   * testLibraryError does not prevent FriCAS from aborting the current block.
     Thus, if a block contains other test functions, they will not be executed
     and statistics() will not notice!
   WARNINGS:
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: simplification - remove one generator
   test: 1
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
[...]
   test: 2
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: simplification - remove duplicate rule
   test: 3
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: simplification - remove duplicate rule
   test: 4
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: simplification - remove duplicate rule
   test: 5
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: simplification - remove duplicate rule
   test: 6
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: simplification - remove duplicate rule
   test: 7
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: complicated simplification
   test: 1
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: direct product
   test: 1
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: direct product
   test: 2
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: direct product
   test: 3
   testing in a domain without InputForm!
   Testsuite: gpresent
   Testcase: PermutationGroup conversions cyclic group
   test: 1
   testing in a domain without InputForm!

   Testsuite: gpresent
     failed (total): 3 (13)

     failed testcases were:
     Testcase: PermutationGroup conversions cyclic group
       failed (total): 1 (2)

     fatal tests were:

         2: EQUL: (c5c, c5e)
     Testcase: PermutationGroup conversions dihedral group
       failed (total): 1 (2)

     fatal tests were:

         2: EQUL: (order(d3c), order(d3e))
     Testcase: symmetric group
       failed (total): 1 (2)

     fatal tests were:

         2: EQUL: (order(s4e), 24)

   testsuite | testcases: failed (total) | tests: failed (total)
   gpresent                    3    (13)               3    (24)
   File summary.
   unexpected failures: 3
   expected failures: 0
   unexpected passes: 0