oldk1331 wrote:

> > I understand desire to have "fool proof" data structures.
> > However, attemps to make very safe data structures typically
> > either reduce functionality or efficiency.
>
> I'm doing so not for "safe", but for "correctness".
>
> > With current implementation scenarios like above works OK.
> > And other typical uses work.
>
> AlistAgg without TableAgg works too.  Instead of 'search', you
> have 'assoc'.
>
> If you think AlistAgg implementing TableAgg is useful, why not
> make TableAgg export ListAgg Record(key:Entry, entry:Entry)?
> And in fact merge TableAgg and AlistAgg?

For other kinds of tables such interface would be artificial,
for example in hash table there is no natural order on entries
while list has natural order.  Maybe it was not clear from
discussion, but my point is that we want to use data structures
in conventional way, taking advantage of capabilites that
appear naturaly.  Formal semantics should capture properties
of those data structures.  It is good if some little tweaks
can give us better semantics but we do not want to throw out
data structure because semantics has some quirks.  And we do
not want to spend much effort implementing extra features
of doubtless use.