Dear all,

given a multivariate monomial defined with:

poly := MPOLY([x,y], Integer)

p : poly := 3*x*y

one can obtain the factors of the monomial with factors(p).

However, given a multivariate monomial with noncommutative variables
defined with:

ops := OVAR[A,B]

ncomm := XDPOLY(ops, Integer)

q : ncomm := 3*B::ops*A::ops

factors(q) fails.

I did some research and learned that:

- factors ultimately retrieves an entry from a record corresponding to the
   representation of an object in the Factored domain

- multivariate polynomials are domains in the PolynomialCategory, which in
its
  definition contains the line

  import from Factored(%)

- in the noncommutative case the corresponding category is XPolynomialsCat,
which
  is more modest than PolynomialCategory, i.e. it is missing a lot of stuff

It is not clear to me whether the above import statement is the reason why
one can
obtain the factors in the commutative case. What I would like to know is,
how should I
modify XPolynomialsCat in order to have factors available.

Thanks in advance.

Marduk