On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 10:20 PM, Raymond Rogers
<raymond.roger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill,  Okay that works.
> Newbie question: why?  I thought I was specifying the incoming data type.

You have already specified the incoming (and outgoing) data type by writing:

  factor_test : (XDP,LIST(NCP))-> BOOLEAN

Note: BOOLEAN is the "abbreviation" of the actual domain name Boolean.

But alternatively you could just include the types in the function definition:

  factor_test(x:XDP , y:LIST(NCP)):Boolean  ==

But you must use : not :: on the parameter. Double colon means "coerce
to type", it does not specify the type of a variable or parameter.

> Thanks for the more extensive response earlier; although at this stage
> "commit" makes me laugh :)
> I will try github.

Think "commitment" when you read "commit". :)

Bill.