On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:07 PM Waldek Hebisch
<hebi...@math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:

> That is the point: normal case is that we check before using
> 'children' and error in 'childern' is to catch bugs
> (missing check).  That is why I ask if you have use
> case when we want call without check and empty return is
> OK.

That makes sense, I'll make changes to code and documentation
accordingly.

One reason I didn't mention is that, "rest" doesn't give error when
argument is empty list, I was influenced by that.  What's your
opinion on this function?

(BTW, in Scheme "(cdr '())" gives error while in Common Lisp
it gives NIL.)