On 2/21/20 4:53 PM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:19:45PM +0100, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
>> Since we are at interpreter error messages. I get ...
>>
>> (210) -> onetnStep! ycomp

>> The function BOOT::|*1;onetnStep!;1;initial| is undefined.
>
> I consider this as interpreter bug.  Interpreter is producing
> specialized versions of functions on demand, but in some cases this
> machinery fails.
>
>> It's hard to track this down. Maybe there is a generic solution to
>> it that I don't know of.
>
> Write simpler code :(

;-) That's a cool hint. But hey, I love FriCAS, because I can write such
parametrized code. Obviously, I shouldn't mix .spad code with .input
code in such a way.

> Unfortunatly interpreter is buggy and more complicated code is more
> likely to find bugs.

OK, that means that I should continue writing complicated code. ;-)

> I have fixed a bunch of interpreter bugs, but may feeling is that to
> make definite progress we need to rewrite it almost from scratch.
> The diffeculty of rewrite is mostly that current interpreter also
> have nice features and we would like to preserve them.

Oh... if the Aldor compiler could help... Unfortunately, Peter is not
eager to write such a thing. Currently, "aldor -gloop" is not really a
replacement for the FriCAS interpreter.

Ralf