On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 02:40:48PM -0800, 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer
algebra system wrote:
> I would like to have the patch proposed in
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/fricas-devel/j-dy6TXiX9E/CG4JFGYeGgAJ
> in
> the new release, fixing a bug in the InputForm of formal derivatives.

Well, there is question about correctness of proposed patch.  I there
were no alternative then the patch would be improvement on current
situation.  However, there is obviously correct alternative, that
is always using a new symbol and you advocate reusing dummy
from representation of derivative.  Without proper justifiction
for reuse I think we should use new symbol.

Always using new symbol uncovers problem with testing machinery:
when input form uses different symbol name it signals spurious error.
So we will have to rethink our approach to testing.