On 18.02.21 18:38, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 06:36:57PM +0100, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
>> See attached file and Aldor compilation report (I sent it before
>> but I include it in case it got lost).

Waldek,

I do not understand why you complain here.

"/mnt/lv3/fricas/axp19/pp1/algreduc2/RDEEFX3a.as", line 36:
    ei_int : (Z, F, F, SE) -> PSOL2
......^
[L36 C7] #1 (Warning) Escape character ignored.  Do you mean '__'?

Aldor convention is to use CamelCase for identifiers. And that was also
the rule for SPAD code (except for some people that insisted on using
underscores (which had to be written as double underscores).
Then you changed the SPAD compiler with a new rule that allows single
underscores.

I would have liked to stay with CamelCase. Now we have basically two
naming conventions. There are only a few functions now that include an
underscore character (I guess mostly introduced by you). That you now
complain about Aldor throwing errors at you for an incompatibility that
you have introduced is somewhat strange.

There are a number of other issues with your code.

I doubled the underscores.

The problems were mostly forgotten imports. Note that Aldor insists on
importing functions explicitly. Unlike SPAD almost nothing is in scope.

Then there were a few cases where I had to add a qualification, for
example here:

   univariate(r1, kx)$F

where the Aldor compiler saw two functions with name "univariate" that
would have been applicable. Without giving some type information it
didn't know what to choose.

The most problematic thing, however was the

  Union(CV__REC, 'failed')

construction. I could make it compile with this type

  Union(cv:CV__REC, fail:'failed')

Perhaps Peter knows how to make it compile with an untagged union.

One must also put the return value into a "union" explicitly.

BTW, you should use

#include "fricas"

instead of

#include "axiom.as"

=========================
(14) -> )compile RDEEFX3a.as
   Compiling FriCAS source code from file
      /home/hemmecke/backup/git/qeta/tmp/RDEEFX3a.as using Aldor
      compiler and options
-O -Fasy -Fao -Flsp -lfricas -Mno-ALDOR_W_WillObsolete -DFriCAS -Y
$FRICAS/algebra -I $FRICAS/algebra
      Use the system command )set compiler args to change these
      options.
"/home/hemmecke/HDD/hemmecke/software/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu/algebra/fricas.as",
line 16:
import {
^
[L16 C1] #1 (Warning) Couldn't find identifier for documentation

   Compiling Lisp source code from file ./RDEEFX3a.lsp
   Issuing )library command for RDEEFX3a
   Reading /home/hemmecke/backup/git/qeta/tmp/RDEEFX3a.asy
   ElementaryRischDEXY is already explicitly exposed in frame initial
   ElementaryRischDEXY will be automatically loaded when needed from
      /home/hemmecke/backup/git/qeta/tmp/RDEEFX3a