On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 1:51 PM Ralf Hemmecke <r...@hemmecke.org> wrote:

> We should rather say that it is OK to just fork FriCAS and try own
> ideas and come back and convince the main developers to include
> new (better) code if it is ready and removes some deficiencies of
> FriCAS.

I think this is an inadequate response for most potential developers.
Of course it is OK to fork - FriCAS is an open source project. But
this is like telling someone to "go away and not come back until you
have something more interesting to say ." Visibility _within_ the
project is important. There has to be some way to be more welcoming
and encourage "off-trunk" development - maybe the more frequent
creation of development branches within the FriCAS repository?