I am unable to create a google account in android 9 in a virtualbox without being forced to give a phone number for an sms.

Actually, the docs at google.com (at least in german) say that the phone number is optional, but they don't let me continue if I leave the field empty.

Ralf

On 26.04.22 02:15, oldk1331 wrote:

Well, Bill, try to setup a new google account. I had a discussion with
Waldek some time ago and was surprised that (maybe from 2022 on) I am no
longer able to create a google or gmail account without providing a
phone number. If you know how one could do this, I'd be interested to know.

Hi Ralf, one way that I know to create Gmail account without phone number
(at least a few months ago) is that, create a new user in Android phone
(or Android VM, I presume).

- Best,
- Qian