On 21.08.22 20:23, Kurt Pagani wrote:
... it might be preferable to have one that can be constructed in a simple way, e.g. as ASCII art or by a LaTeX macro.

Somewhat true, but I think that nowadays an SVG or a scalable postscript
file should be fine.

Actually I like the one Bill referred to in the last post.

Hmm... I'm of a different opinion. It looks a bit like the logo on the AXIOM book of Jenks and Sutor, but honestly the axiom logo looks more stylish with the double-dot i in the middle of the word. I find FriCAS logo on http://fricas-wiki.math.uni.wroc.pl/ a bit boring.

An idea would be to take a picture connected to frykas of fricassee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fricassee
However, although logos are only there to recognise a brand, I'm not so sure that a picture of food makes sense for the promotion of a CAS.

I think I would like a logo that somehow shows types since that is one of the big features of FriCAS.

Ralf