I admit that I would prefer testing FriCAS without Sage in the loop.

Nasser, I guess, it is easier for you to provide the input through Sage to ensure that you test the same integral on different systems.

Now the question is whether FriCAS already receives "bigger" input (maybe renaming of variables) or whether the output of FriCAS is made bigger in order to show it inside Sage (or both).

I believe that the Sage and FriCAS notation for your integrals are pretty close so that it makes sense to write a little awk (or python)_ script that does the adaptation from your input format into something that FriCAS understands.

Do you actually need the translation back into Sage for testing and verifying FriCAS results?

Ralf