src/share/algebra/compress.daase can be trivially removed by
expanding the symbols back into place. I created this database
so I could run on MSDOS 3.5 inch diskettes. It is useless overhead.

In general the databases exist to overcome space limitations on
the mainframe. At minimum they should be mmap-ed for performance.
More useful would be storing them as in-memory hash tables rather
than essentially simulating hash tables using disk seeks.

Tim