On 7/3/24 18:32, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
On Wed, Jul 03, 2024 at 05:21:59PM +0200, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
%%% (156) -> h := operator 'h

    (1)  h
%%% (2) -> (h(x)::OutputForm pretend SExpression)

    (2)  (h x)

The above would need seprate fix.

Oh, no, what I meant by this was that the form (h x) it perfect, This is what I would expect. OK (APPLY h x) would be better, but APPLY does currently not exist, so I would prefer just (h x).

But current OutputForm does not have such "logical" operators and
instead has 'CONCAT' and 'CONCATB'.  With limitation of OutputForm
current output is resonably close to logical form.  At least it
is closer to logical form than output before the change.

Yes.

Ralf