NATIVE VILLAGE OPPORTUNITIES AND WEBSITES
February 2012
To discover these and MANY more offerings, visit us at Native Village:
www.nativevillage.org
Discover us on FACEBOOK!

<<<>>><<<>>>OPPORTUNITIES HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
"Does this generation love justice enough to ask that it be shown to the red
men? Have we not as a people fixed the brutal maxim in our language, 'the only
good Indian is a dead Indian?' We laugh at the saying now as a good jest, but
the cheeks of our descendants will redden with shame when they read the coarse
brutality of our wit."
Fletcher Johnson, United States

Join Tucson's Fight Against Desegregation and Banned Books
2012 Oklahoma American Indian Challenge Bowl
Indigenous and American Studies Storytellers of the Americas Conference
Native American Food Security for Native Elders
2012 Native American Indian Science and Engineering EXPO
America's Farmers Grow Rural Education
Tribal Colleges Research Grant
Serving our People, Serving our Nations: Native Visions for Future Generations
Play Golf Native America Day
National STEM Video Game Challenge

<<<>>><<<>>>LIBRARIES HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each
other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not
know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys."
Chief Dan George, Tsleil-Waututh Nation

History Detectives: Navajo Rug
The Girl Who Married the Moon
Shawls For Native Grandmas
Foraging, Wildcrafting Medicine, and Primitive Living Skills
Lakota Berenstain Bears The Haunted Lighthouse
Stone Sea and Volcano
Food Sovereignty Assessment in Native American Communities
Moundville
Jobless Generation Hungry for Change
Voice of Native Youth Report
Let the Games Begin

<<<<<<>>>>>>>INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF 13 INDIGENOUS GRANDMOTHERS<<<<<<>>>>>>>

11th Council Gathering
July 26-29, 2021
Cheyenne Reservation, Lame Deer, MT

 <<<<<<>>>>>>>NEW<<<<<<>>>>>>
Message to Readers: 2012 News Break
150-Year-Old Letters Give Voice to Dakota Prisoners [Abe Lincoln]
The Polly Cooper Shawl [and Valley Forge]
Egg Gathering on the Arctic Cliffs
Tribal Information from the Aspen Institute
Center for Native American Youth from the Aspen Institute
Quotes Art Library: Gallery 25
YANAN

 <<<<<<>>>>>>>SPECIAL FEATURES<<<<<<>>>>>>
Walking in the Days of the Prophecy
Power of the Circle
The Crazy Horse Tintype
Way of Life Melting Away
1975 Prayer to U.S. Senate
Remembering Columbia The 23rd Psalm in Cherokee Language
Words from a Native American Wedding Ceremony
Indian Civil Rights Act of 1968
My Name is Meth
Accountability and Sovereignty in American Indian Education by Vine Deloria, Jr

 <<<<<<>>>>>>>THIS MONTH IN NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY<<<<<<>>>>>>
By Phil Konstantin
February

 <<<<<<>>>>>>>INUPIAQ CULTURE<<<<<<>>>>>>
(By Mary Anniagruk Sage)
Egg Gathering on the Arctic Cliffs

<<<<<<>>>>>>>NATIVE VILLAGE NOW ON FACEBOOK!! <<<<<<>>>>>>>
To subscribe to Native Village weekly email reminders, please send your email
address to: nativevillage...@aol.com
We do not release subscriber or visitor names to anyone.

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE PUBLICATIONS is a web site and newsletter which informs and
celebrates the education, values, traditions, and accomplishments of Americas'
First Peoples.  Some articles presented in NATIVE VILLAGE NEWS and at our
NATIVE VILLAGE WEBSITE may contain copyrighted material. We have received
appropriate permissions for republishing any articles. Material appearing here
is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an
interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.
© Gina Boltz All Rights Reserved.

 NATIVE VILLAGE www.nativevillage.org
You are always welcome here :-)!

------------------------------------

Interesting websites or pages.

www.kahonwes.com Best Mohawk Site on the web
www.frostys.qc.ca Website of Computer Products
www.kcnativecommunity.org
www.globeandmail.com
www.mohawkflute.com
www.canadianaboriginal.com  Ecellent Site
www.tuscaroras.com
www.tekanews.com
http://nativenewsonline.org/
www.indigenations.com/index.shtml
www.indiancountry.com
http://dreamkeepers.net
www.transformcolumbusday.org
www.owlstar.com
www.nanews.org
www.redwiremag.com
www.treatycouncil.org
www.destination.ca/~curybuck ( French Language )
www.ubcic.bc.ca
www.nativeheritage.net
www.un.org/News/
www.bloorstreet.com/200block/rsparrow.htm
www.bloorstreet.com/200block/rguerin.htm
www.indigenousmedia.org
www.nativegiftbaskets.com/

Material for read-only purposes and may not be further distributed,
published or broadcast without prior written permission of the owner.
Please use links as much as possible and subscribe to them to get complete
details.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional