This would be nice, would be a good way to implement storage quotas
restrictions for user accounts.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Gustavsson [mailto:nik...@protocol7.com]
Sent: January-12-09 2:36 PM
To: ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modifying STOR response on upload

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se> wrote:
> This is actually what I have done. I have implemented my own
FileSystemView.
> The OutputStream returned by my FtpFile implementation will submit the
> uploaded data to my backend when close() is called on it. I had hoped
> that if my close() throws an exception then FtpServer would send a
> negative response to the client. But it turned out the exception is
> swallowed by IoUtils.close().

Yeah, you would have to throw the exception during the actual transfer.
Which, might not be feasible. However, us eating the exception on close has
been discussed before
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FTPSERVER-119) and if no-one objects,
I would be happy to move forward on this issue so that we treat an exception
on close as an error during the transfer (and thus returns an error code to
the client). I'll do this for the next release unless someone screams out
loud :-)

/niklas