Guys,

there is no "logout issue". This is REST API. It is stateless.
There is no such thing like login or logout in REST API. You can only get
authentication token. This token is only valid for a while. After some time
it will be outdated and you need to get new one. It doesn't mean that user
login and logout every time, it only means that token is not valid anymore
and you need new one.

In 6.0 token will be valid for 24h, so when you will see new token it means
user started using API again. That's all. You can easily calculate when
user started using API and when he ended. You don't need to add login/logut
handlers. It's broken. REST API doesn't work this way.

If we need add new handlers to API because of collecting data it means you
are doing something wrong.  Your code should't change anything in API
workflow.

Regards,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Igor Kalnitsky <ikalnit...@mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Today I took a look over "logout issue" [1] and figured out that we
> cannot implement it with current approach.
>
> In current approach both login and logout actions are handled by Web
> UI with direct requests to Keystone server [2].
>
> As far as I know, we want to track login/logout actions as a part of
> anonymous statistic [3], so we need to decide how to avoid this issue
> and make it fly.
>
> I think we need to implement login/logout handlers as a part of
> Nailgun API. A login handler should receive user credentials and make
> request to Keystone server in order to retrieve an auth token. A
> logout handler should mark the token as invalid and forbid any actions
> with this token.
>
> Fuel Web UI should work with login/logout handlers which are part of
> Nailgun, instead of working with Keystone directly.
>
> What do you think about it? Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!
>

> [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1370964
> [2]:
> https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/static/js/app.js#L70
> [3]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/send-anon-usage