--On Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:32:27 -0700 Tblinux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know that most if not all of you use or have used Nessus at some point.
I've been following the thread. Now that it appears that Nessus is
seriously ratcheting down support for independent consultants and
corporate / gov't users without a registered and paid for license what
scanning software are you considering? Has anyone done a *complete*
comparison of all of the scanning software out there and made a choice
based on the findings? If so what was it?

There's bound to be a comparison somewhere. All I can tell you, from personal experience, is avoid ISS like the plague it is.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member