On 18/01/06, Paul Schmehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What are the risks associated with granting Authenticated Users (AD 2003)
> the Impersonate client after authentication privilege?  I've googled and
> read endlessly repetitive explanations for what the privilege is (most of
> them nearly incomprehensible), but I have yet to find anyone who
> articulates the risks associated with such a change.

"Assigning this privilege to a user allows programs running on behalf
of that user to impersonate a client. Requiring this user right for
this kind of impersonation prevents an unauthorized user from
convincing a client to connect (for example, by remote procedure call
(RPC) or named pipes) to a service that they have created and then
impersonating that client, which can elevate the unauthorized user's
permissions to administrative or system levels." [1]

regards

stuartd

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/fe1fb475-4bc8-484b-9828-a096262b54ca.mspx