From: Q-Ball [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 June 2006 2:28 PM
To: Randal T. Rioux
Cc: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] PassMark?

I would agree as well, having recently reviewed them with others in the same field. Apart from relying on users to only enter their password if they saw an image, the solution heavily relied on cookie usage. This works fine for most people but a lot of corporate environments have persistant cookie polices so this ends up being an annoyance and ineffective for this segment of users. It also makes it susceptible to keystroke loggers due to the ease of which the challange can be generated. I'd also have trouble justifying this as anything other than a 2 x 1-factor solution and as such it may not meet FFIEC guidlines.
The bigger issue, as with any other web based authentication solutions, is what does this protect you against and the answer these days is not a lot.

Q-Ball