On 16 May 2010, at 04:06, Thor (Hammer of God) wrote:
> Oh, one last thing - your "dear Pegasus" 4.51 Windows-based program that you
> hypocritically hold on to while demonizing Windows and .NET was...   wait for
> it....   wait for it....   written with Visual Studio 2008 C++  - a proud
> Microsoft .NET Framework development platform!

Sadly, a bad example: it was ported from Borland, an increasingly fragile and
unsupported compiler.  It's also not a .net app, which IMNSHO makes a world of
difference to the point being made, but never mind that, you've had your last
word.

FTR: David did say some supportive things about RAD and .net.  It's all there
in his blog, and I can't be bothered looking for it.  I also note that Pegasus
wines reasonably well, so using the header to identify the platform of the
sender may mislead you.  It is, alas, a well-rounded GUI mailer that Unix
people such as myself rather like compared to the mint-flavoured-wire GUI
alternatives.

Cheers,
Sabahattin