http://jailbreakme.com/_/ gives me a 404 Not Found error.

There were a few vulnerabilities in lighthttpd related to the %00 character
but after googling a while I couldn't find this particular one. I guess it's
worth reporting if this still works in the current version (1.5.0).

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Sabahattin Gucukoglu <
m...@sabahattin-gucukoglu.com> wrote:

> On 5 Aug 2010, at 10:13, Ryan Sears wrote:
> Well I'm no expert but I'm going to see if I can reverse engineer the PDFs
> used for jailbreaking (obviously I'd need an ARM assembly book or someone
> who knows it :-P) and figure out exactly what they're doing. I agree with
> was said earlier, I'm not saying they're doing something malicious, but if I
> wanted to backdoor thousands of phones this is how I'D do it.
>
> It didn't work for me.  I use VoiceOver, which didn't like the (fake)
> slider implemented in javascript, so I had to spoof the UA on a Mac, grab
> the source, inspect it, grab the PDF, email it to myself ... it didn't work.
> :-(  iPhone 3GS = 2,1, yes?
>
> > Either way anyone interested in doing the same I've discovered that the
> webserver (lighthttpd 1.4.19) drops the index if you GET a null byte.
> >
> > http://www.jailbreakme.com/%00
>
> Nice, did you just try it in case it might work, or does this constitute a
> vuln that wants fixing in current lighttpd?  It's just that indexing happens
> to be enabled on http://jailbreakme.com/_/ too.
> >
> > Also if anyone knows how to get in contact with any of the admins for the
> site (or anyone who runs it for that matter) please either let me know or
> let them know.
>
> Ditto, thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Sabahattin

HONEY: I want to… put some powder on my nose.
GEORGE: Martha, won’t you show her where we keep the euphemism?