Not only was there a critical flaw in the forensic software, but after the
designer reported incorrect findings, the prosecution decided to keep it a
secret.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43807133/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001

Pursuant to my earlier post about an encryption case,
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20078312-281/doj-we-can-force-you-to-decrypt-that-laptop/
  , I emailed John Walsh, the US Attorney heading up the case and went into a
detailed explanation, complete with hard file-based examples, of how bad an
idea it was to attempt to legally compel the defendant to provide decrypted
files as evidence, and received no word back at all.    I didn't expect much,
but at least a "thanks for providing some technical information on how we
making grave mistakes" would have been nice.

Given all the crap I've seen and experienced in my life, you would think I
would know better than to expect people with the power of making a difference
to actually do the right thing, but for some reason I continue to believe in
honor and integrity.   But when I see Florida prosecutors willfully withholding
evidence to the *contrary* of what was submitted in the court of law (when a
woman's life was at stake) and the arguments that people like Walsh make while
disregarding impact on the Constitution, I see how misplaced my trust in
government is.  Douche bags.

Timothy "Thor"  Mullen
www.hammerofgod.com

Thor's Microsoft Security