On 20/09/2011 06:04, James Fife wrote:
> I noticed a recent flaw in Facebooks security resolution process recently.
> After being asked to confirm my identity simply because I was using a
> different computer, I apparently took too long to
> identify my friends in their photos. However, I was able to try two more
> times before being locked out. In which case Facebook provided the exact same
> photos with the same selection of people to name
> in order to confirm my identity. What this means is that I could conceivably
> attempt to logon to a victims Facebook account from an unauthorized device to
> get such a prompt, and then take my time to
> research the answers.

I dont have the link but there is a really neat image search engine. You point
it at an
image (file->save image as?) and it will hunt down the URLs referencing similar
images.

Have seen it used to find sites using "stolen" images - not sure if it would
work
with fb image archives but worth a try.

Could prolly automate the whole thing with 20 lines of perl :-)

Jacqui