Hi Mitja,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM, ACROS Security Lists <li...@acros.si> wrote:

> This blog post reveals a bit of our research and provides an advance
> notification of
> a largely unknown remote exploit technique on Windows. More importantly, it
> provides
> instructions for protecting your computers from this technique while waiting
> for the
> affected software to correct its behavior.
>
> http://blog.acrossecurity.com/2012/02/downloads-folder-binary-planting.html

$ Look for the presence of any *.dll files in the Downloads
$ folder and do the same as in the previous step.
$ Delete all files from the Downloads folder.
I don't believe a PE/PE+ executable needs a DLL extension to be loaded
by LoadLibrary and friends.

Perhaps a scanning/cleansing tool would be helpful.

Jeff