On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Michal Zalewski <lcam...@coredump.cx> wrote:
> This is fairly well-known, I think; for example, there's a mention of this
> here (search for appspot.com):
>
> http://lcamtuf.blogspot.com/2010/10/http-cookies-or-how-not-to-design.html

Yes, the idea of such DoS  technique is not new, but I've never seen
it discussed in a context of CDNs. The impact of the attack against
blogging platform is limited compared to the impact of the attack
against a popular CDN that many sites depend on. Yet, blogspot.com is
on the Public Suffix List, but no CDNs are there (excluding Amazon's
that was recently added). And CDNs are much easier to protect than
applications like Blogger, you don't need to redesign authentication
mechanism, the suffix domain is already cookieless. So I think it is
worth writing about the issue to encourage more CDN providers to add
their domains to the PSL.

BTW. I've added a link to your post.

Thanks,
Jan