Henrik,

> I guess many people also thinks that having a PGP signature on mails
> make them - true (while paranoid people would actually verify the
> signatures)

No, PGP signatures help me establish trust to individuals by allowing me
to connect messages by the same individual to each other and then decide
whether I trust that person. That a key also has a more-or-less
pronounceable name embedded simply helps my brain to remember which
individual was just talking.

> even IF the PGP signature verifies clean the content might be
> fake, or a joke in this case

Erm, the contents may be fake, but this comes seldom from someone who
you already trust through what he/she said before. Of course, this
system is subject to social engineering, but I couldn't think of a
better system.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4