On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:20:24PM +0100, Thomas Zangl - Mobil wrote:
> The benefit (in my opinion) would be greater, in my enviroment, then the
> loss of freedom individual users will suffer. In case of static IP´s ISPs might
> be able to offer exceptions.

IMO, you've just named the distinction on which any lines should be
drawn:  Static vs. dynamic IP address, not you-have-an-ISP vs.
you-don't-have-an-ISP.  My machines at home have static IP addresses
which, ultimately, makes me just as accountable for my use of
services on the internet as <insert random large corporation>.  As I
have the same level of accountability, I should also have the same
level of rights to those services, regardless of who those IP
addresses were assigned by or routed through.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html