> off-list to tell me so. I'd hate for this to turn into another spammy
> thread :p

hope all people would do the same thing ....

>     My question is this - are there any security risks to adding this
> command to a cron job, and having it execute say, once every 12 hours.

'emerge sync && emerge -u world' is one hell of a good way of updating all the pakages
but it might just overload the server or the bandwidth for your net connection ... 12
hours is very short interval i think, how about something like once every 5-6 days or
once a week ?

this way you are sufficiently current

- just do chcek the log files manually every now and then to see if the cron job is
actually working or not ;)

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.