On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:47:36 -0600, Bowes, Ronald (EST)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How exactly do you propose to accomplish this?  IRC is an open protocol and
> there are many open clients and open servers which can run on any port, and
> run encrypted with SSL.
>
> So do you intend to scan every computer on the Internet on port 6667, and
> shut down every server found running, the move on to random ports that
> zombies probably use, and start attacking sites that provide open source
> clients that use an open protocol?
>
> Your suggestion makes no sense, and it's something that's impossible to
> implement.  Why not just make knives illegal?  I mean, they're frequently
> used as a weapon, right?

Yah, you are right. I just needed to rant when I see all these
trojan's written to call home (to an IRC channel) and DoS attacks
coordinated via IRC to control unpatched anti-virus-less Windows PC
zombies.

...D

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html