All kidding aside, this seems to be a real security issue. Your system shouldn't be showing unauthorized users what you were doing. It should properly flush the memory.

I do have a movie clip showing a session where root was viewing the /etc/shadow file. The shadow is displayed on the screen for about 5 seconds before the KDM login pops up. Ask if you want to actually SEE this in action just ask and I'll mail it to ya.

Does a power off flush it?

I have power cycled at least one of the machines and let it sit for several minutes. Also as I stated before sometimes when I get up in the morning I catch glimpses of stuff I viewed just prior to shutting the machine down for the night.

Several folks have mentioned it could be related to the ram chips on the video card.

-KF

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html