Larry Seltzer ha scritto:

Remind me again why the perpetrators of these rogue anti-spyware products aren’t easily traceable through the payments

Because payments do not go directly to the perpetrators.
In the middle, there are one or more stages of money laundering: people who found a work they can do from home,
receiving payments and forwarding them, minus a commission.
By the time you get at the middlemen, the perpetrators have closed their bank account and have disappeared.
*If* authorities at the far end collaborate, tracing can be done; easy it's not.
It's not helped either by payments being less than 50$.

Ciao!
    Remo, who has received various spamming mails offering that type of easy work.
If I were naive enough, why not accept it?