From: Rich KulawiecSent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 4:39 AM

> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 04:03:48PM -0500, James Triplett wrote:

>> YES!  Great book, I've been recommending for years....  That, and "The

>> Adolescence of P1" (from the same era)

Shockwave Rider is epic, and  - as we stand here today (on or off Zanzibar)

- rather foresightful (wikileaks, anyone?).

> I concur.  Both of these are on my list of non-IT-security books that I

think everyone aspiring to work in the field should read. (Others?  "The Art

of War", of course; "The Prince", the first "Foundation" novel, all of the

Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, "Godel, Escher, Bach".)

> Which would you add?

Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson

The Bandy Papers by Donald Jack (starting with "Three Cheers for Me")

:~)

-chris

Chris Blask

Founder and CEO