Forgot to copy the list...

- ferg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgs...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [funsec] "Skills gap"?
To: Dirt Nap <dirt...@gmail.com>

Well, I can't speak to every situation, of course, but I'm finding it
quite hard to fill open jobs. And it's not really a matter of salary,
but I *do* find it somewhat troublesome that anyone who has worked in
Infosec for any significant amount of time expects a "rock star"
salary... Having said that, I am happy to pay people above "entry
level", but let's be for real here. :-)

- ferg

p.s. I am hiring. :-)

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Dirt Nap <dirt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem I find in my area is when it comes to info sec jobs they have a
> certain level of expectations.  For example they expect someone who has
> worked info sec for 10 years to accept a salary that is to say the least
> entry level.  When you try to negotiate with them to bump the salary up they
> refuse.  The position doesn't get filled, or if it does it becomes open
> after 90 days because the person seeks employment elsewhere.
>
> On Nov 24, 2012 2:48 PM, "Paul Ferguson" <fergdawgs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> B.S.
>>

>> There *are* significant "wage increases, at least in Infosec.
>>
>> - ferg
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
>> Hannah <rmsl...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>> > I see a lot of companies complaining that they can't get skilled/trained
>> > infosec
>> > people.
>> >
>> > I see a lot of experienced infosec people out of work.
>> >

>> > http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/magazine/skills-dont-pay-the-bills.html
>> >

>> --
>> "Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
>>  fergdawgster(at)gmail.com