This is why I always try and buy genuine Google devices, like the Nexus 1
(htc), the Nexus 7 (Asus?) and now the Nexus 4 (htc) to replace the N1.
Google does not let htc (or anyone else) mess with the OS on devices they
sell themselves (as far as I know... :) I also get updates as soon as
Google releases them.

-- steve <http://pirk.com>