From:                   Valdis Kletnieks <valdis.kletni...@vt.edu>
Date sent:              Tue, 17 Jun 2014 02:34:08 -0400

> Each week they increase the payment. Study observed that for payments as low
> as
> $0.01, 22% of the people who viewed the task ultimately ran the executable.
> Once
> increased to $1.00, this proportion increased to 43%. As the price increased,
> more and more users who understood the risks ultimately ran the code. They
> conclude that users are generally unopposed to running programs of unknown
> provenance, so long as their incentives exceed their inconvenience."

Roughly half the people will run potential malware for a dollar.  Roughly half
the
people you offer a candy bar will give you their password.

We are definitely on the wrong side of the business ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rsl...@vcn.bc.ca     sl...@victoria.tc.ca     rsl...@computercrime.org
A group of lions is called a pride; a group of crows is called a
murder; and a group of buzzwords is called a PowerPoint
presentation.
          - https://twitter.com/MeetingBoy/status/212289330570469376
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/