It's unlikely that these are static towers: more likely to be Stingray or
similar mobile technology.

D.

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec [mailto:funsec-boun...@linuxbox.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Ediger
Sent: 07 September 2014 00:06
To: FunSec List
Subject: Re: [funsec] Fake Cell Phone Towers Discovered Grabbing Signals

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> http://www.cio-today.com/article/index.php?story_id=0100005SXV30
>
> A series of fake cell phone towers designed to intercept user data has
> been discovered throughout the U.S., according to the magazine Popular
> Science.

Has anyone been able to track down the real locations of these fake cell
towers? I couldn't get find a source any more detailed than the Popular
Science article.

That Popular Science article just has Google Maps "teardrops" in various
large cities. There's a teardrop in Denver, where I live.  If I had the
actual location (street address or latitude/longitude) I'd go look at it,
take pictures, read signage, see if my phone went to 2G, etc.

--
NSA CIA FBI NRO TSA JENKEM DHS BUTTHASH SNOWDEN GCHQ ECHELON FASTSCOPE
Warrantless wiretapping is un-American and unpatriotic: Defund the NSA.